The JSIam takes place in three steps:
Morning session: talks by industry representatives & debate –
9:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Philippe Gradt, Consultant innovation, KPMG Presentation available here
- Rime Kerfah, Dr, R&D engineer for NMR-Bio
- Adrien Gaidon, Dr, researcher in statistics, machine learning and big data, Xerox Presentation available here
- Guillaume Gauthier, Dr, R&D engineer in SOLVAY
During this session, up to five invited industry veterans from companies specialized in disctinct fields will give a talk about the role and the impact of doctors in their companies. The presentations will be followed by a discussion in two steps: a time-slot will be given to the industry visitors to respond to various questions previously asked by researchers and posted by them on our website, and attendees will afterwards be able to interact directly with the speakers. Please note that all talks will be delivered in English.
Mid-day session: Midi-MINATEC, Video clips and Poster –12:30 pm-2:00 pm
- Part 1: Video clips screening
Young researchers will have 15 seconds to convince the industry professionals to look at their posters and CVs during a special edition of « Midi MINATEC ».
- Part 2: Poster discussions during lunch
During the lunch time, researchers will be able to meet interested professionals, hand them their CVs and discuss around their posters while enjoying free sandwiches. At the end of lunch time, the best three video clips will be awarded attractive prizes.
Congratulations to our winners!
1st prize: Alexandre Monod – Biochemistry-what else? (clip #17)
2nd prize: Ankuj Arora– Nina & me (clip #11)
3rd prize: Laëtitia Bonnet – Scrabble (clip #7)
Afternoon session: round tables – 2:15 pm-4:45 pm
During this session, several round-table topics involving professional experts will be hold. Researchers will have opportunities to get answers to their questions. They will be to ask for advices and opinions pertaining to their industrial or scientific CV for corrections or fine-tuning.
Expected round-table topics in JSIam 2015:
- Pôle Emploi International : « Opportunities abroad: Europe and overseas »
- Saint-Gobain Industry : » The daily-life of a scientist in a multinational company and personal development possibilities »
- Valoridoc : « Exploring your job market / networking tips and tools »
- Interactive round-table with GEM-GGSB (Grenoble Ecole de Management) students in innovation, strategy & entrepreneurship (lead by Beyond Lab)
This last round-table follows an innovative concept and format: 2 x two-hour interactive sessions between PhD students in science and students from an innovation & entrepreneurship program (enrolled at GGSB-Grenoble Ecole de Management). The goal is to create the business concept based on scientific expertise/technology and to present it in a short timescale. It requires participants to think differently about scientific achievements and their implementations in reality. The game offers an opportunity to present with new ideas and to find an inspiration and new connections to build your future start-up. (1 pre-session will be planned on February 26 for this round table with GEM/GGSB)